Sentura

Now playing - 2017

1,938 posts in this topic

Stalker call of pripyat with SGM 1.7 and Atmosfear 2.1, on master difficulty with alpha squads on. Only thing I've set to make the game possibly easier is to turn off SGM anomalies because running into almost invisible instadeath gravity anomlies that hang out in the middle of nowhere without rhyme, reason, or fair warning sucks. I've left landmines on because they're a) moderately more visible, and b) You can buy a metal detector that marks them on your radar, letting you use them tactically.

I still find myself playing way too much of Angry Birds, even though I 3 stared everything I can and got almost all achievements...I think I'll force myself to uninstall it from my iPod soon enough...

As for the bigger screens, I'm finishing up Brotherhood these days. Sort of a biased opinion seen as I have a history with the previous game, but I find it equally better and not as good in different areas. The MP is obviously a plus although I'm not one to play much MP at all, so my experience is with the SP alone. I can only praise the team for having added so much in so little time, yet I think they overdid it. Level design wise, I think Rome is too big for either the engine to like rendering it or the player to retain the same entertainment exploring each location.

AC2 had this great multiple cities approach that continued to give more and more as the player went through the game, and Rome could never achieve that on its own. There is a clear distinction between each area of Rome, yet the artistic direction isn't distinctive enough to make you feel like you're somewhere else entirely while at the same time the city seems too vast, detailed and chaotic to be "controlled" by Ezio, the sense of scale is off somewhat.

Technically speaking, on PS3, the engine comes to a halt when in the rich district (not the Vatican) and having a few too many NPCs on top. Nothing like what I experienced with AC2 (albeit on 360). We're talking 15-20 FPS there

Story wise, the minute to minute delivery of a few key missions is better than any AC2 mission, and a lot of them combined; yet the overall hour to hour and sequence to sequence thread seems disjointed, as if no mission had any consequence whatsoever with what is coming next. I found myself playing AC2 for the story first, and I would only do the side missions after beating the game, but now I'm playing Brotherhood equally for the main missions and side missions as they seem equally important. There are a few missions that stand out of course, like the rescue in the Castle Sant' Angelo and playing a scene in the middle of the Coliseum, but those are very few and far between too many fillers.

Overall, it's equally a good game, and it's pure fan service. It's not as big a leap forward as AC2 was over AC1 by any means, but if you're looking for gameplay over story telling, you'll find even more to do than in AC2

Aquaria and Revenge of the Titans, which is a quite nicely done and well disguised tower defense game with and awesome art style. The only thing that bugs me is that the difficulty curve is hell-a steep. It's fun, still.

Bouts of Super Meat Boy and third prestige of Black Ops. Playing more of it than I'd imagined I would.

Recently just finished up Super Mario Galaxy 2 and DKCR just before that as well.

I don't even know what I'm waiting on next. Dead Space 2 I guess, can't bring myself to play the demo though cause whatever I'm gonna buy it anyway.

Man, and I thought the alpha squads were getting hard. I haven't been able to fight one for like three hours, and yet with me running away they're still upgrading anyway. Now there are two separate alpha squads moving in tandem to squeeze on me. These guys are universally "Master" level stalkers, with high end gear and armor and laser accurate cross-country grenade throwing abilities, and roll around the zone by the dozen. I think, much like the SGM anomaly fields, the alpha squads might just cross a line between "challenge" and "I Wanna Be The Guy".

Man, and I thought the alpha squads were getting hard. I haven't been able to fight one for like three hours, and yet with me running away they're still upgrading anyway. Now there are two separate alpha squads moving in tandem to squeeze on me. These guys are universally "Master" level stalkers, with high end gear and armor and laser accurate cross-country grenade throwing abilities, and roll around the zone by the dozen. I think, much like the SGM anomaly fields, the alpha squads might just cross a line between "challenge" and "I Wanna Be The Guy".

lol you're one of the few people I enjoy reading gaming updates from :)

Having a go at 'Metro 2033', and every now and then just wreck stuff in 'Just Cause 2' with all DLCs included to let off some steam.

Started playing Zeno Clash. It's blowing my mind man. I can....see.........time....

Considering trying enslaved for the third time after giving up two times earlier. The level design so far is one thing (distract, move to object, climb, kill, texture finally pops in), but I'm not really having fun with the core gameplay at all. Might just give it up completely as I did with Brutal Legend and instead finish MGS4 again or try K&L.

So I got the Tide, a unique high power version of the Vintar BC silenced sniper rifle from the custom gun order guy, and took out an alpha squad with relative ease sniping them from on top the bridge south of the Ranger Station. In response, the game rolls in super thick fog and once again upgrades the alpha squads, and spawns a new one within attack range of me within three minutes. I have enough time to return to Skadosk, sell my loot, and walk out moving towards the boiler anomaly and I'm dead from guys I can't see through the fog, without my vision meter ever even moving. So after that I go sprinting through the fog blindly northwest, heading towards the sawmill, aiming to pick up a few stashes that had built up marked on my map in that area, only to find it occupied. I figure, more zombies (at the start of the game in SGM it's full of zombies) and hold my ground, trying to kill them, only for a couple to sneak around me and blast me from two feet away. As I see as I lay there dead, it's actually occupied by hostile mercenaries, awesome.

Reload one more time, go rushing off again, find a stash in the middle of nowhere, pick it up, and the game freezes. Takes like ten minutes for it to close.

:( :( :(

I'm getting L4D Director-esque vibes of hate coming off this game, with the level of difficulty it's giving me.

Sounds like Yahtzee recounting his playthrough of Demons Soul.

Sounds like Yahtzee recounting his playthrough of Demons Soul.

demonssssssssssssssssssssssssssssoulssssssssssssssss