Sentura

Now playing - 2017

1,972 posts in this topic

I haven't finished Ryse and need to do that at some point. What annoyed me and kept pulling me out of the experience was the silly control layout. I think was very stupid make a game with a very similar fight system to Batman Arkham (I would say a standard nowadays)… and invert the parry. Kept breaking my combos and enraging me.

Playing Shantae. I didn't know much about it going in but I'm hooked now. One of the better platformers I've played in recent memory.

2 hours ago, BJA said:

Just don't play it longer than 20min a day, then it's actually an enjoyable game.

It's not a bad game. I feel like it's getting so much unnecessary hate, especially on steam reviews. The main issue I have with it is that it's trying to be grander than it is. Everything is exaggerated and out of proportion. It's a shame, because there aren't that many action games based around roman times. At least none that I'm aware of. I'd like to see something more open world based on that time period.

Just finished Night in the Woods. Fantastic game, and probably the closest I've ever felt to recognizing the lives of characters in a piece of fiction. Absolute best writing of any game imo.

Sprony likes this

Oh wow @Jetsetlemming, saw that available and intrigued me a lot.

Im gonna wait a sale tho, more so because I have several adventures in the queue already (Oxenfree, TellTale stuff and more) and if that's really best than wouldn't be so nice to go back to other games :D

10 hours ago, blackdog said:

Oh wow @Jetsetlemming, saw that available and intrigued me a lot.

Im gonna wait a sale tho, more so because I have several adventures in the queue already (Oxenfree, TellTale stuff and more) and if that's really best than wouldn't be so nice to go back to other games :D

It's only $20, and it's easily worth it. It's a pretty long game, and has a TON of optional/branching/secret stuff in it. Plus it's a tiny dev team who worked really hard to get to this point, they deserve support. And it's definitely a better game than any TellTale game I've ever played. TellTale's okay, but this is like... look, it's video game's Citizen Kane, ok!? It just is! :P

Edited by Jetsetlemming

I know it's a fair price, but I haven't really played adventures in the past. And in general take a look at my game list on steam to see what I have to "get rid of" 😆

I'm a bit intrigued nowadays, there seem to be some very good around, I like the original artwork that most of the times goes with this kind of game and they should be shorter hence easier to "clear" from your game list. But at the moment I've played only Walking Dead S1 and Michonne's mini-series.

Most of all though, I've collected a little catalog as reference, thinking that it is an easier game to make if you take the plunge to an indie project.