What are you playing now?

Sentura

2 minutes ago, Vaya said:

never bothered with 2 as it wasn't by the original team. Infinite was great though :D

Infinite is next on my list after I finish 2.

You are right that the second was made by 2k Marin which btw incorporated some guys from Irrational Games (briefly known as 2k Boston) who created 1 and Infinite.

Bioshock 2 in its own right should be played if you completed the first; the story flows naturally after the events of 1 with every major character/event/battle in 1 referenced in 2 (Ryan/Fontaine/Tenebaum...), the environment and game mechanics feel familiar, and you could see that the consequences of the first game are felt throughtout the second.

Give it a try :)

Yeah I tried playing bioshock1 a couple times and always got bored about 30-45 mins in and gave up. I've been meaning to give it another try forever.

I loved system shock 2. I dont understand why bioshock wasn't appealing to me. 

I've been playing a LOT of Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and I find it really helps cement a point : Street fighter 5 is by many accounts an example of excellent game design while UMVC3 is almost the opposite. The funny thing is Street fighter 5 is the most boring fighting game I've ever played and is also extremely boring to watch while UMVC3 is insanely fun to play and one of the most fun fighting games to watch top tier players play.

It further hammers home my feelings that a well designed game is not necessarily fun. 

56 minutes ago, (HP) said:

I still need to force myself to play Bioshock 2, something tells me I'm missing out. I played it for like an hour or two and got bored, but other than the fantastic intro, Bioshock 1 is pretty boring for the first couple hours as well, so...

We were chatting about Bioshock 2 at work today. I absolutely loved it but my mate hated it. It was more divisive than the first game but I think it's worth trying!

49 minutes ago, AlexM said:

Yeah I tried playing bioshock1 a couple times and always got bored about 30-45 mins in and gave up. I've been meaning to give it another try forever.

I loved system shock 2. I dont understand why bioshock wasn't appealing to me. 

I remember when B1 came out, i played it for an hour and rage quit lol. A few months later, I don't know why but I started all over again and it ended up being my GOTY. 

It has a few pacing issues tho, it starts slow, the mid game is PHENOMENAL and it drags a bit towards the end. But B1 does a lot of things that I haven't seen in a game yet, namely the Big Daddy's, the fact that they only attack you when you hit first allows for some really great situations where you can carefully lay out traps and plan your attack.

I'd love to replay it.. but just the thought of having to replay that fucking pipe puzzle mini game puts me off. lol