Crysis Map ~ Operation Codename: Vulcano

-HP-

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah ah, I'd love that mate, unfortunately I don't meet the requirements to win that category, as I didn't made any uber leet cut-scene to win that category.

here's the link to the prizes list: http://icmc.crymod.com/prizes.php

There's 3 categories (Plus, an extra for the best cut-scene), each category having 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. There is 22 submitted maps, so I guess least I got a chance of winning something! :roll:

Although, imho, I already won the greatest prize of them all, self satisfaction and another map for my portfolio!! :celebrate:

To be honest, I don't have Crysis (but I want it) so I don't know if the map is actually any good or not. But the screenshots of the map look really sexy. Everything in the map looks well done, the cliffs and rocks, the foliage, the construction stuff, it all looks really great.

The singleplayer mission sounds really cool to. Well done, a worthy addition to your portfolio.

Now the core is back i can post my comments :mario:.

Ive played it through wholly once, and really enjoyed it, i got lost a couple of times though due to scaling the side of the volcano and there beign too much vegetation blocking my view and the path wasnt clearly defined enough. But that was the most frustrating part.

Also, is there meant to be an end once you get to the extraction point. I wondered around a while with nothing happening, so i just quit in the end.

THANKS a bunch! :D

Btw, I've received complaints that some people can't see the ending of the map, it looks like it does'nt trigger when you get to the spot, it's weird because It only hapened to a handful of people, go figures! :roll: (make sure you have Crysis 1.2.1 btw)

hah i remember people who played crysis with a nocd crack also got broken triggers in teh game, maybe it's the same problem :P

Ah yes, there was indeed a version of a cracked exe that for some reason fucked up some of the ingame triggers! :oops: ah ah, well remembered Peris! :D

Amazing work HP, a way better than the original Crysis maps imho. Where is the Intel C2E logo? I couldn't find it :P

Your map is also the most downloaded one in your category :D

Btw, on those final screenshots, are you using your custom cfg or crysis default? They look very good (I'm using your cfg and it looks a way different from those shots, with a lot more contrast, I'd say).

Congratz again!

Fergo

Glad you liked it Fergo! :D

The logo is placed on all the entrances of the main building on the secret facility in the center of the island, it's also spreaded small intel logos on the boards, inside the building.

Indeed it is the most downloaded, around 2500 downloads until now! :celebrate:

And yes, i were using my cfg when i take those screenshots, although, i was using a slightly diferent ToD when i took the screens.

On the final build of the map, the ToD is a bit darker, therefor for those who use my cfg when playing the map or taking screens, I recommend placing the command: r_ssao_amount=0.2, just like i described in the read-me! :)

*ToD = Time Of Day, it's the editor that let's you change all the lighting of your map.

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.