MapCore has a small number of rules and guidelines. Rules are absolute and breakages will be considered serious business. Guidelines are to be considered advice, but bear in mind that ignoring some of them may lead to breaking the rules. For example, attacking someone's work in an unconstructive and hurtful way is flaming. Similarly, intentionally spoiling games is abusing the community. Please be an adult and don't try to test the boundaries.
- No personal attacks, discrimination, flaming, hate speech, or offensive slurs
- No abuse towards the community or its members
- Sensitive material must be posted as described below
- Discuss games respectfully, chances are a MapCore member helped create them
- Be constructive when criticising other members' work
- MapCore embraces diversity, bear in mind how people who face discrimination might feel about your posts
- Use the 'spoiler' feature, especially for recently released material
- If you have time, put images you post somewhere reliable like imgur or attach them
Some content must be posted as a link or hidden using the 'spoiler' feature, along with a clear description/warning so that members aren't surprised by it. It's impossible to provide a definitive list, so please use common sense — consider what kinds of things you wouldn't be comfortable showing up on your screen at work, in front of family, etc.
In addition to the above, MapCore and its members must follow various laws. In the unlikely event that unlawful content is posted, it'll be removed to protect the community. This includes links to pirated software, illegal photos, etc.